Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Clean Banana Protein Pancakes With Strawberry Spice Sauce

I get home from my morning workout most days completely STARVING!! Eggs and spinach are a common go-to meal but some days I just want a good pancake. There are a ton of "paleo pancakes" on the web but I have been experimenting with my own recipes. The spice combinations for this recipe are almost endless but today I'm focusing on easy... Cause I IS HUNGRARY!!

Here is what I use:
Pancakes
8 Grade A Large eggs
4 Ripe bananas
Coconut oil
Cinnamon 
1/8 tspt salt

Strawberry Spice Compote
2 cups strawberries 
red curry powder (to taste)
cracked black pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup water

 For the pancakes:
1. Put it all in a bowl except the oil
2. Blend with a hand mixer
3. Oil the griddle or pan (250 degrees)
4. Pour 1/8 cup mix on hot griddle...5 or six times to make a nice little group
5. These are delicate so flip with caution

For the Compote:
1. Warm the strawberries and water on the stove
2. As the berries break down, allow them to simmer and add red curry powder to taste
3. When you have the consistency and spice you want, allow to cool and finish with cracked black pepper

This recipe makes 2-3 big servings of silver dollar pancakes
I like to make a huge batch and have leftovers for snacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!