Monday, March 4, 2013

Smokey Chipotle Peach Salsa

The family and I had a wonderful weekend and we totally ate sugary stuff like cake and ice cream because it was my BIRTHDAY. I will tell you more about my day in another post but wanted to share my favorite salsa recipe first. I make a huge batch of Smokey Chipotle Peach (or Mango) salsa most weeks and put it on everything from hamburgers to salmon. It is most fantastic with runny eggs and avocado.

Here is what you need for a weekly batch of heavenly spicy goodness:
2 cups sliced peaches
4-5 roma tomatoes sliced or diced
1 medium onion diced
a good handful of cilantro
3-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (these suckers are potent, go light)
salt (or garlic salt) and pepper to taste

A word about Chipotle in adobo sauce: You can find these smoked jalapenos in the canned international food isle at the grocery store. They are very smokey and delightfully spicy and yes, have a small amount of sugar added to the sauce. It is my personal opinion that, the sugar level is SO LOW, you can essentially call this a paleo friendly canned food. If you are a die hard paleo person you would never set foot in the canned isle so I guess you have to come to grips with the idea of how picky you want to be. The adobo sauce is wonderful too, don't pour it out- pour it in!


Put all that stuff in a bowl and blend it up till you get the texture you want. I like a little less chunk but not a pure'e. It keeps for about a week and is fresh and full of flavor. When I go to parties, this is almost always the offering I bring to the masses and get a ton of complements.

What are your ideas for salsa? Do you use this as a condiment?
I regularly eat this salsa all by itself. SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!