I love a good spicy curry. Surprisingly, much of the Asian cuisine can be converted to a paleo friendly version. Since I don't care for rice, I just made this as a soup. The lime and cilantro really freshened this dish and made it a home run for me and my family. The kids and Mr. Dad love rice so they had it in addition. No complaints on this super easy, fast, clean meal.
Here is what you need:
1 lb cooked chicken breast cubed
1 cup organic chicken stock
2/3 cup coconut milk
1- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry powder
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
4 key limes
1 medium yellow onion
1 large fresh jalapeno (optional)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat
2. Add onion and allow to soften for about 5 minutes
3. Add cooked chicken, chicken stock, and coconut milk to pot
4. Stir in red curry powder and taste frequently and before adding more than 1 tbsp. Spice can fluctuate.
5. Add chopped jalapeno to pot if you like it really spicy like I do ;)
6. Allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes
7. Dish out your goodies! Add a healthy dose of lime and cilantro to each bowl
Pair with rice or alone as a soup
Let me know how it goes! I love feedback and suggestions for making recipes even yummier.