Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Coconut Maple Salty Bars

Why not start a not so paleo blog with a not so paleo recipe? I have had this bag of unsweetened coconut for ever...and accidentally bought more because coconut is pretty tasty. What to do?...MAKE DESSERT!!!
I had the most awesome coconut no-bake thing stirring in my head.

And to keep myself from mainlining the maple syrup as I made coffee after my workout, I put it to work in this little recipe. It is not low cal but it satisfies the sweet tooth with a little bite of salt to make it pop!

Coconut Maple Salty Bars

1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbs coconut oil (softened)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt (to taste-I like a little more)

serves 5-7

1. Get a bowl
2. put the stuff in
3. stir it all together and mash that junk up
4. Roll into balls or mash into a container bottom (like a Tupperware sandwich holder)
5. Freezer for 15 or fridge for an hour
6. GET IN MY BELLY!!

Try not to take shots of maple syrup while making this. Don't put it in your coffee either. Instead, pair it with a fruit plate or big ol' salad with chicken. Or beer, beer is good.

I got my workout on this morning and I am loving being back in the gym after a week off with a nasty virus/head cold.

I was on weighted step up number 61 when it occurred to me I wouldn't have time to do the other side if I didn't switch! I got 40 on the other leg when time was called. I'm now freaking out at the fact I am uneven in my strength set and may have to go back to finish the project...it was a killer!
Now I'm procrastinating that shower I know I need. My salty bars are almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!