Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mango Peach-Berry Soft Serve Clean Dessert

Have you ever tried soft serve fruit based ice cream? I am in love with my Yonanas machine. Never heard of that? It is a contraption that takes most any frozen fruit (mostly banana based due to  mild sugar content) and whips it into a soft serve clean food dream. 

With it in the upper 90's this week in South Texas, the reality of a fast approaching summer was upon us. The kids were pestering me for dessert tonight despite the massive dinner we had. Something about the heat brings out the sugar monster in my kids.
I went into my kitchen to play chef with my Yonanas machine and they got to be the tasters.
We tried a few new ideas and I have more in the works but need to head to the grocery store to try them. We first tried a banana, mixed berry, curry paste, and coconut combo. It was okay, but the curry was a little much...we needed some coconut milk instead of the shaved coconut. Next time.

What we did find to be a winner was:
Mango Peach Berry Soft Serve
1/3 cup frozen Mango chunks
1/4 cup frozen Blueberries
1/2 cup frozen Peaches
basil leaf garnish

Blend.
Makes 1-2 servings

Mango, Peach, and Blueberry soft serve. The kids and I put in about half cup frozen peach, 1/3 cup frozen mango chunks, and 1/4 cup frozen blueberries. We used the Yonanas to mix things but I suspect a good hand blender would do the trick as well. I am really loving my new basil plant in the window and have been using it in many new dishes. I added it as a garnish to the mango berry mix and it got me thinking about a basil soft serve in itself.

Then I came across a few ideas on Google...
I'm going to make a few tests and combos and see where it goes. MAN, I need to go to the grocery store! This place is full of food...just none that combine to make tasty treats in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!