Monday, April 22, 2013

Beginning The Whole30 Challenge: Going Up The Hill

Often, the first few days of a new habit forming is full of setbacks and slip ups. Beginning the Whole30 may be no different because it is so easy to say..."just this little thing won't hurt." Know what? It won't. Its all the other little things rolled on top of that one missed step that leads to sabotage. It's the feeling of "I screwed up, it's over." THAT keeps us in neutral (or worse, rolling back down to our beginning). 
Most people think they know what to do to be on track. Many of the most knowledgeable in any field are those that try again and again but fall short. So what creates success? 

For me, it takes a few key thoughts. 
1. Accountability.
- Someone has to know what I am doing. Even if it is just my kids or the dog...someone has to know I'm in the action. I need a goal. I need a reachable, within my grasp, realistic, tiny goal. I must put that goal on my to-do list and make a valiant effort to get it done. You never know who is watching, or looking to you for inspiration and help...even if they don't ask or tell.

2. Preparation
The 5 P's: Prior Planing Prevents Poor Performance. Think about what your doing and make it possible with small steps. Be relentless in planning

3. As little thought as possible
Stop. Just stop thinking so dang much. Just do what you are supposed to do. 

Have some fruit

Enjoy a fresh and flavorful salad with Protein, Carbs, and Fat

When all else fails, workout and drink lots of black coffee and water. The road is long, and in the end it's only with yourself. So, enjoy the ride up that tough hill...this gets easier.

Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!